Chinese Kale (Kai Lan) With Garlic
Blanching vegetables is a traditional and healthy way to enjoy your greens. This method of cooking retains the flavour of the Chinese Kale and you get maximum fibre out of it. And best of all, it only takes 10 minutes to prepare this dish!
200g Chinese Kale (kai lan)
2 garlic cloves, minced
Oyster sauce, to taste
Light soy sauce, to taste
2 tablespoons THE FIVE SEASONS® Camellia Oil
Water, small amount
Salt, small amount
1 teaspoon corn starch + 50ml water
1) Wash and cut the Chinese Kale into sections.
2) Blanch the Chinese Kale in boiling water and transfer into cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain and set aside.
3) Prepare the sauce for the Chinese Kale. Add THE FIVE SEASONS® Camellia Oil into the wok, followed by garlic, water, light soy sauce and oyster sauce.
4) Once the sauce is boiling, drizzle in the cornstarch water. Then turn off the heat.
5) Plate the Chinese Kale and drizzle in the sauce. Ready to serve!