Camellia Oil Crispy Spring Onion Pancake
A traditional Chinese dish that is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Every bite is surely satisfying and you can complement this savoury dish with soup, curry or even make it a sweet dish by pairing it with ice-cream! Camellia oil in neutral in taste and will not affect the original taste of this dish.
1 cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup (175 ml) hot / boiling water
8 stalks spring onion, cut into small pieces
1 teaspoon salt
1) Add flour and 1 tsp salt into a large bowl. Mix well.
2) Add hot water a little at a time and whisk/mix with hand until a lumpy dough forms. Then add THE FIVE SEASONS® Camellia Oil into the dough. This will create a smooth and glossy finish.
3) Form a pancake shape with the dough and flatten it using a floured rolling pin. Roll out as thinly as possible.
4) Mix the spring onions, salt, pepper and THE FIVE SEASONS® Camellia Oil together and spread evenly onto the flattened dough.
5) Roll into a log shape and coil it into a cinnamon roll shape. Then flatten it gently.
6) To cook, add THE FIVE SEASONS® Camellia Oil into a frying pan.
7) Fry both sides until golden prawn.
8) Cut into pieces and serve.